Friday, December 19, 2014

Musical a hit!

The musical DEGAS IN NEW ORLEANS was such a hit and I thought of how long you have believed in me!
Oh my god people stood up. They were humming "I dreamed I was a bird and I could fly" the opening number and "Don't mean nothing if you are free" the foot stomping number. David's music was astonishing. Big cast. Huge operatic feel.  Flooding aura.  New Orleans at her wicked best. And unforgettable music with an old time blues undertone at points (beginning of jazz undercurrent) Of course David's classical guitar music was breathtaking. So glad I'm upstate where so much work could be done. The brilliant director has been tweaking the actors since August. Oh my. I am in heaven. Only want my shows as musicals from now on!
Wish you could see  —and you can It is still playing tonight at the Bard Fisher Center, theater 2. Tickets are $8 and $10 and can be purchased by calling the box office at 845-758-7900

below are more links to articles about the show. Please come! 




No comments:

Post a Comment